I used to maintain on our website a list of books we were reading, but haven’t updated it for several months. Decided I would be more apt to keep a current chronology on this blog, so here goes. Most recent readings are at the top – they are nearly all non-fiction because that’s what I read though occasionally I need a bit of what Bill calls “mind suicide” and delve into a narrow niche of fiction. And then of course there’s poetry…. but that’s for another day.
Items on the list below include links to Amazon details.
- The Big Switch: Rewiring the World, from Edison to Google by Nicholas Carr
- Audubon’s Elephant: The Story of John ames Audubon’s Epic Struggle to Publish the Birds of America by Duff Hart-Davis (out of print)
- Apocalypse 2012: An Investigation into Civilization’s End by Lawrence E. Joseph
- Here Comes Everybody: The Power of Organizing Without Organizations by Clay Shirky
- Naked Economics: Undressing the Dismal Science by Charles Wheelan
- Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali (biographical)
- Nerve by Dick Francis (whodunnit)